Thursday, January 1, 2015

My Favorite Reads for 2014


It's 2015 dolls!!! I wish for you all great fortune, love, and peace. 2014 was a sad, but great year for me and I found myself diving into books any chance I could get. I lost someone I loved very dearly and as a way to recover I turned to the other the thing I love:  READING! Below you will find my top reads for 2014. They made me laugh, cry, throw books across the room and dream the dreams of times gone by. So fire up  your Kindle, find a good Nook and get your iBooks to reading. Once you take a read please comment below and share the love.

Bright Side by Kim Holden 6 stars

'‘I look forward to spending every minute I get to spend with her. Every minute of every day wouldn't be enough.’'

“You give me courage I never knew I had.” – Keller
“I didn’t do anything. It was there all along, you just had to find it.” – Kate

Kim Holden broke me. Reading this book shattered me in every way possible and I absolutely loved each and every moment of it. I went on this epic journey, cried buckets of tears that turned into a river, and floated away into dreams of love and hope.  It starts off very simple and in the end you will be changed for a life time. Life is hard so always remember to look to the bright side of everything. Please download this book asap, Take it, devour it, fall in love with it. When you meet Kate, Gus, and Keller they will stay with you forever. 


Me Before You by Jojo Moyers 6 stars

Heart breaking but so worth the read. If you love 50 Shades type of novels this is not that book. I went into this thinking it was a love story, but ended it knowing it is a story of finding who you and going for what you want in life and in death.  Jojo Moyers has other fantastic reads as well.  




                       
Ugly Love: 6 stars  "Don't ask about my past," he says firmly. "And never expect a future."
Miles, an airline pilot who can't love; Tate, a nurse who believes she can handle that. I feel in love with Miles and his story. He is so soul is shattered and his past is complicated, but Tate wants to take a chance on him anyway. They go on a mile high journey of love and lose that changes both of them in the end. This book is now being made into a movie so look for it in the next couple of years. Read up until all our fantasies of Mile come to screen. The one and only Nick Bateman will have the staring roll. 






Hopeless by Colleen Hoover: 6 stars "Let me inform you of something," he whispers. "The moment my lips touch yours, it will be your first kiss. Because if you've never felt anything when someone's kissed you, then no one's ever really kissed you. Not the way I plan on kissing you."
A "hopeless" boy, Dean Holder with his dark hair, blue eyes and lickable dimples. He has a history among his peers of moodiness and aggression. Linden "Sky" Davis is our heroine, who at 17 years old is not your typical high school girl.

"The sky is always beautiful. Even when it's dark or rainy or cloudy, it's still beautiful to look at... it'll be there no matter what... and I know it'll always be beautiful."



Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover: 6 stars “Hey, heart. Are you listening? You and I are officially at war.”
So my heart was all over the place while reading this book. Colleen Hoover has me screaming, cursing and crying at the same time.  I was a puddle on the floor. The story of Sydney and Ridge was told by Colleen real and shamelessly. I won't spoil it for you because you deserve to read this and love it on your very own.
"I've learned that the heart can't be told when and who and how it should love. The heart does whatever the hell it wants to do. The only thing we can control is whether we give our lives and our minds the chance to catch up to our hearts."





Transcendence by Shay Savage: 6 stars
There are no words for this. No words are spoken in this book between the two main characters. He is a caveman who finds his mate. Its the kind of love story that changes your out look on what real love is. I stayed up for 24 hours reading this and I couldn't stop. I had to know. I had to feel. I loved it. I had a book hang over from the love between Ehd and Beh.  I LOVE EHD!!! I don't know what I was expecting from this book. But what I got was so much more. What a beautiful love story. I felt EVERYTHING I want to feel when I read a good book. I laughed (some parts were so damn funny) I fell in love, I got SUPER hot and cried. Now don't let the crying scare you away because it wasn't a bad cry but a my heart is so full of love for these characters I can't do anything more then cry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment