Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Teaser for my new book: Heartbreaker

Hello dolls I think I'm over my writer's block. I had locked my book away in the closet, because my character have taken so much out of me emotionally, that we needed a break from one another. 

So now that I got my groove back, here is a little sneak peak a.k.a. teaser for you. Enjoy and please leave comments below. Also, share this with your friends who love reading as much as I do. I'm so excited! EEEPPPP Enjoy and I promise there will be more from Jami and Ashley soon.  

XOXO- Martha C.


Heartbreaker
©CothronCo


Jami

Birthdays suck. Well, they do in my book because no one really takes the time out to celebrate the true meaning: the life of a person who deserves love above everything else. Every year since I was five years old something awful has happened to me.  I’m 18 and lost. My life has been full of broken kisses, broken promises, and broken hearts. I’m broken. I can’t wake up. I’m on my knees and I can’t breathe. I’m all alone. I keep telling myself this is a dream and but no matter what I do I can’t wake up. My heart is broken.  

Ashley wouldn't stay with me even though I  begged and pleaded. The truth almost slipped from my lips. But before the words could come out, he turned around and walked out the door. My heart stopped. How do I say I’m sorry? 

 I walk towards the bathroom, clinging to the wall the entire way. My phone is ringing. I know he is coming and I can’t stop it from happening. As soon as he gets here I won’t know what to do. I make it to the bathroom, reaching for my cell phone, when the pain stabs through me. There tears pour from my eyes. Why isn't he here right at this moment? I need him so bad. I’m dying and thoughts of him consume me. I need to find a place to rest my head. More pain! I feel like my body is on fire but I’m frozen in place. I reach for my phone on the sink. I reach for it but it feels like its miles away. My eyes are heavy and I struggle to keep them open as a wave of pain takes over me. “Good”, I tell myself. "I don’t deserve him"!  I cry out for him, but I know he can’t hear me. The pain stabs me again. I didn't get to say goodbye before he was ripped away from me by my own insecurities. I cry out in pain as I crumble to the floor. I feel like someone has poured water all over me. It’s my tears that have taken me like a tsunami. I’m drowning. I look down at the floor and all I see is blood. I close my eyes and I see him with his hand outstretched saying, “Come my love”. He is…




No comments:

Post a Comment